Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday, February 17th

I slept AWESOME last night! We were able to sleep a little longer today. Liberia reminds me alot of Jamaica. Drivers are never on time, traffic is crazy and people everywhere. Even the smells! (Diesel mostly ;) I started out working at the clinic. We had to set it up first and when we arrived there were probably 100 people already waiting! WE had rooms to actually take patients in and a make shift 'pharmacy room' as well as a couple rooms to take blood pressure and vitals. I walked around with Heather for al ittle while teaching those waiting about importance of clean water and washing hands. Then I took over Jamie's job of checking people in. I got to meet many people and talk with them and hold babies :) Many patients suffered from pain mostly stomach pain. More than likely form dirty drinking water. One 18 month old baby we saw today was 10 pounds! He was severely dehydrated so badly there was nothing we could do, but take him to a hospital. It makes me think of where my babies would be right now had God not found them and brought them into our lives. Would we be treating them today or would they fall under the 50% of children in Liberia that never make it? I missed them SO much today! At the VBS as children were coming in a little baby probably 18 months came in crying and walked straight into my arms. Seh clinged to me the whole time. It made me long for my babies! I hear we get to go and see them tomorrow! I'm SO EXCITED! While driving today we went through a part of town that was wall to wall peole. I couldn't help but gaze into the eyes of a the people we passed by starring into our car and see all the emptiness in their eyes. I've heard of people talk about the emptiness they see in other's eyes but never seen it for myself. Hopeless is what their eyes screamed. If only they knew of the joy God has to share. As we slowly drove by all the empty eyes I slowly see a flowing yellow image as we drive on by; I focus and notice a bright shining smiling face of a toothless little angel in a beautiful bright yellow dress clinging to her mother's hand as she's being gragged along while she's starring deep in my eyes beaming from ear to ear! That's their HOPE! The children of this country have the hope and I pray they can make a difference in their country and families.

0 comments:

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!