Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Friday, February 20th

Today was a slower day for me. I was extremely tired when I woke up and we waited for an hour for Oretha to show up to get the laptop. When she showed up she seemed very non-social. I just feel like she's not excited about our children going home. She didn't set up a meeting with Eva Morgan and said next week she could set it up with her. We then reminded her hat we were leaving on Monday! On our way to the church we stopped at a pharmacy. Danny went inside while we stayed in his vehicle. I was 1/2 asleep and tried to ignore all the sellers who came up to our window trying to sell stuff. Next thing I knew Matt said, "hey" and 20 Liberians were swarming our vehicle yelling! I had NO CLUE what was going on. Apparently...a guy knocked on the back window which made us all turn to look while his friend reached in on the other side of the vehicle to grab Danny's cell phone. All the Liberians were wataching us like hawks so immediately they stepped in and came to our defense. I'm so amazed at their love and support for each other and us! They told us, "you're Americans! they want to steal from you. You're in Liberia now, roll up your windows :)!" We had a great story to share with everyone when we got to the church. 400 kids at VBS today! They sang so loudly and I broke a string! Very tired afterwards however! At one point I the kids were so close to me during worship I couldn't move my guitar or I'd clunk them in the head! It was great seeing their excitement! This morning Tony a boy that comes around the ELWA house in the morning was asking me to buy shoes for him. He said they pulled him out of school cause he didn't have shoes. He can't go back till he gets some and his mom can't afford it. I think at the end of the week we are going to find some shoes we can leave that will fit him. I was so tired tonight I came back and slept and for the first time I thought about our home and what it would be like to be there in my own bed. One interesting thing that happened today in VBS. We were trying to get the girls t braid a bracelet of yarn and they didn't understand what we were saying. I'm thinking...you all know how to braid! Look at your hair!!!! I learned I had to say, "PLOT IT!"...like magic they all started braiding! ;)

0 comments:

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!