Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Ice Skating



We headed down to Madison for the day to Ellie's kindergarten class. She has been teaching about penguins, so of course, Matt had to come see her class dressed as JP the Penguin! Ellie had a 1/2 day so she got to come home early and hang out with Colten. The lake was frozen and Matt was excited about skating on it and getting Colten out there, I on the other hand was not. I was worried to say the least and asked Matt to promise me he wouldn't let him out there. You know how hard that was? Sometimes I might be a worry wart...okay alot of the time...but I was serious this time. I had heard horror stories and just saw the worst was going to happen. I hadn't seen the lake for myself (Despite what you are thinking right now, he DID listen and didn't take him out on the lake...but he went out there. I still don't know how he kept Colten from not throwing a serious fit when he couldn't go out there.) As I'm sitting here typing I'm wondering..."how stupid I must look right now if he really did let him out get out there and just didn't tell me. He's thinking, 'I got her!'"----Anyway--- I walked down to the lake and Matt put on a good show for me to ease my worries and showed me how frozen it was...So,...I caved! He even talked me into going out on the lake! It was pretty fun! I have never skated on a lake before. So we had a little photo session to remember our firsts! We played with Royal, the dog, and his football and we used the rope to have a sliding contest! Matt won that one! Not to mention we froze. The pictures of us laying on the ice are really cute but it was a scarifice because of the wet pants we all had afterwards! But...what a picture huh? Oh and JP joined us. Colten thought that was hillarious!!!

1 comments:

tomandstacey said...

The pic of the three of you, (not JP), is a great pic. I'm thinking it deserves a frame and place on the TV.

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!