Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

God's Presence

As I sat in my quiet house today, Izzy napping and kids at school, I was able to spend my quiet time...Quiet :)  Normally my quiet time consists of lots of interruptions and noise, but today was different...

As I opened God's word and let him speak to me I heard:

 "There's JOY in my presence, I am your PROTECTOR and GIVER OF LIFE, I CARE about even the smallest details, I ENJOY blessing you, I NEVER change, I am CONSTANT, I never let go, I speak PEACE and CALM, I steady your heart, I am your SECURITY and no one can take Me from you."

I began conversation with my Father about my life, my passions, my desires, thanking Him for things He's done exceedingly beyond my expectations (cause that's what He does...He exceeds our expectations...goes above and beyond what we ask!).  As I got it all off my chest I took a deep breath and in that instant tears started to well up...HAPPY TEARS.  I couldn't control them, they just flowed.  The feeling of sitting in the presence of my heavenly father and feeling loved, secure, accepted, and at peace is a feeling I've missed!  And it wasn't until that moment, I can't explain what it was or how it was different, but it was in that moment that I realized, I haven't had this closeness to Him in a long while!  And it felt SO good to be there in that moment.


For a couple years now I have felt so empty like something was missing.  I would get so frustrated because I would spend time drawing near to Him but seemed like I'd always fall short of closeness.  The most frustrating part is knowing what if feels like to be close to Him, living in his presence and for some reason not being able to feel that connection in the same way like you did before!  You want something and search for it but never find it.  The connection was there, that never went away, it's just...it would seem fuzzy at times (like my tv antenae was never in just the right spot).  Something was always in the way, but I could never put a finger on it to clear a path!  He never changed, it was my heart that needed time I guess.

Today I feel like my Joy was restored.  I searched and I found and I rested in my Fathers arms and it felt SO good!  Blessed to be His daughter and humbled to feel His presence in my life!

This song says it all....




post divider tag

0 comments:

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!