Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Two Weeks

Well, I don't really feel like I look big enough to have a baby in the next two weeks, but maybe that's cause I'm so used to looking at myself in the mirror. Matt made the comment the other day, "Man, you're getting bigger and bigger!" I said, "uh...I'm pregant! What did you expect?" LOL! So I have about 2 weeks yet till my due date. I was thinking maybe the move and all would move it along quicker, but it's not looking that way so far. It's been quite an adventure with this pregnancy that's for sure!
The past two weeks have been crazy and I'll try my best to re-cap them for ya'll (I just had to say that)! ha ha. We still have not closed on our house in Muncie which has made us unable to close on the house here in Lexington. Apparently the buyers had to switch the type of loan they were buying the house on which, we think, caused the bank to have to re-do all the paper work and put them on the bottom of the pile as far as, 'needs to be done', so we continue to wait and get frustrated with no return calls or timeline as to when we will close in Muncie. The joke now is that I'll be in the delivery room hearing..."PUSH"...."SIGN HERE"...."PUSH"...."SIGN HERE"..."PUSH"..."INITIAL HERE"!
We did have an answer to prayer though and were allowed to move into the house we are buying here in Lexington. We had 7 days to close on the house after we moved in, which didn't happen obviously. So we were asked to pay rent so the owner could cover the morgage payment due. We're just grateful to be in our own house and be able to 'feel ready' for Izzy :) The 28th and 29th my parents came up for a visit which was really nice. We love it when people come and visit :) We got to show them around Lexington and had a great visit. The funniest part of their trip was our night on the town. Lexington is always having festivals and there is always entertainment downtown of some sort. I have always wanted to go downtown in the evening to experience it and I know my mom would like it so we were going to go and look for horse drawn tours that I had found advertized online. Apparently with all the construstion they aren't currently doing them. We searched and drove up and down the streets for quite awhile looking. We came across some live music and what looked like a festival in the downtown area. Colten spotted a bounce house so of course we had to stop. We found a parking spot and walked to the excitement :) To our surprise, and my embarassment we found when we arrived that it wasn't a festival at all...it was a college block party and everyone was drunk :) LOL...We stayed long enough for Colten to bounce for 5 minutes and left ha ha!
Matt has been extremely busy with work the past 2 months. He will be ready for a vacation after next Sunday ;) He's been busy trying to recruit volunteers and re-vamp a few things in the up-town area as well as get adjusted and figure out 'the system' and the check-in equipment and all that goes with being 'new on the job'. There have been several major events happen all at once at the church and has kept him busy busy busy, but I think he really enjoys it :) The past few weeks he's had the annual church picnic one weekend, this weekend was the fall kick-off event with the carnival, and next week is "All-In" Sunday so he has alot of planning for that as well. I think he will be taking a big sigh of relief after next weekend.
Colten is loving school and his new teacher. He comes home with funny stories every day and talks alot about the friends he's making in school. I am relieved cause I didn't know how he would do with the 'discipline policy' in class since he's never been in a strict classroom setting, but he is doing amazing! He stays on his 'green card' every day. Only had to pull it 2 times over the past month :) Last week he was so excited because he got "lunch bunch" for good behavior. This means for lunch he got to eat in the classroom with his teacher and watch a movie. He was so proud!
He went to the dentist for the first time last Friday...(I know, I know, he should have gone a long time ago, but what do you do when you have no dental?) Our Sr. High minister's wife is in the dental program at UK and was asking for patients to work on. I volunteered Colten :) It was only $25 for the cleaning and checkup so you can't beat that! She is great, and of course Colten has a crush on her now! He got everyone's attention in the room as he laughed throughout most of the check-up. No cavities and teeth look excellent :) His favorite thing was the sucky straw. He'd rinse his mouth stick the straw in his mouth and it would suck out all the water, instead of spitting it out. He tried several times to suck up Katelyn's hair :)
Last weekend we moved into our house. Matt decided to move everything in one night, Friday. He did and I was wiped out and so sore the next day. I didn't even do a whole lot! I was just overwhelmed by all the boxes and 'stuff' that wouldn't fit into our new house. We called Doug and Ellie in desperation and asked them to come down and help us for the day. I was so glad we did cause Ellie got my entire kitchen in order and everything put away. Doug cleaned up the backyard and mowed it for us and helped Matt carry alot of stuff and organize the chaos of boxes in the garage :)
Then Monday my mom came down and stayed till Thursday and helped with the rest of the unpacking :) We got Izzy's room put together and all our clothes and everything orderly. The only thing I haven't touched yet is the 'office' stuff. Colten has his own toy closet which he loves and it's convenient where it's out of the way cause there was NO WAY his toys were going to fit in his room :) Mom was able to stay and go to grandparent's day at Colten's school which he was thrilled about!
I had a group of ladies throw me a baby shower at church and got lots of cute girly stuff :) Then this past Sunday my sunday school class had another shower for me and wow, Izzy is set! She's ready to come now! I am stocked on diapers and wipes for a long time! I got lots more cute girly stuff and all the things I was needing. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such loving and accepting people! Of course they all want to babysit too :) I had some gift cards to use as well so today I was able to go out and get my itzbeen timer and moby wrap! I'm ready to have this girl!
I don't remember being this ready and uncomfortable with Colten. I'm to the point now where I don't feel the best everyday and can't walk for too long before I'm miserable and want to sit down anywhere. At night it's the worst cause my hips and tailbone get so sore when I sleep. I wake up and can't even roll over cause I'm so sore :( I made the comment the other day that I can't wait to have Izzy just so I can get some sleep! People laughed at me and said, have you forgotten what it's like to have a newborn? Seriously, at least I'd get 2 hours of sleep here and there vs. none at all. Plus Matt can help where right now there's nothing he can do to help me sleep.
Wow, I guess there's been alot going on the past 2 weeks! Hopefully I'll be posting about our newest addition soon :)
post divider tag

0 comments:

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!