Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Adjustments Are Hard

Wow this weekend flew by so fast! Matt's parents took a spontaneous trip to Atlanta to see Tamme and Sean and the boys so they invited Colten to go along with them. I was kinda hesitant at first cause I didn't want Colten to be all the way in Atlanta if I went into labor (worked out okay anyway), but knew I would enjoy a weekend with just Matt and I before Izzy comes so we met them and let him travel down with them. He had such a good time. Matt and I ended up going out to eat together and getting a couple movies to watch, then had a lazy Sat. afternoon shopping at Sam's Club (watching Matt get sample after sample LOL), and played some cards that night with some friends from church. It's been so long since we've hung out and played cards! It was fun, especially because the girls beat the guys in Euchre AND I won in Phase 10! :) It's definitely been an adjustment and alot of changes the past couple months being here. Matt and I aren't used to spending so much alone time together :) I enjoy it and I know he does too, but we are so used to being around people all the time we find ourselves getting bored alot :) I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones getting to me today, but I find myself a little homesick missing all my friends back in Muncie. Before I was able to travel to see them whenever I'd be missing them, but can't really travel now with baby coming any day. Speaking of baby, Izzy is due to come on the 27th and I was hoping with all the move and stuff going on that she would be showing signs of coming soon, but as of last week she's not. She likes it too much in there I guess...just like her brother! Who knows I have all this week still. I just really don't want to have to be induced like I did with Colten cause that wasn't a great experience, (as if any kind of labor is, ha). Today I'm in a cleaning mood so maybe that's a good sign? I'll be sure to let everyone know when she arrives. If she's anything like her mother she will be fashionably late :)post divider tag

1 comments:

tomandstacey said...

We miss you a ton, too. I miss beating the boys in Hand and Foot!! ;) I'll be down there to visit before you know it.

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!