Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Friday, August 9, 2013


Habakkuk 3:17-18
"Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior."

What do you hear when you read that scripture?  To me is says, when the world is raining on my life and it feels like the waves are beating me deeper into the deep, my heart will still sing because I know I am richly blessed to be called a daughter of the King!

Yesterday I got the privilege to sit and laugh about memories with a dear friend of mine from high school who is battling a tough fight with cancer.  I was saddened by the news of her turn for the worst, and to be honest, reality strikes a little when you think...that could be me, leaving my family/children behind.  I really prayed for the holy spirit to guide me through our visit, and as usual, He taught me a lesson through her!

You see, she knows her days are numbered.  She knows the day will come when she has to say goodbye to her little girl, but she's thankful!  I know CRAZY right?  But I think she has this spirit because she gets what this scripture says.  See the trials of this life are weighing down on her, and one could say they see nothing good right now.  But she rejoices knowing she is a daughter of the King and one day soon she will meet Him.  She taught me something when she spoke these words...

"I'm thankful for the time I have left.  Some people don't get the chance to say goodbye.  My mom didn't give me that chance to say goodbye when she took her own life.  My friend didn't have the chance to say goodbye, I didn't have that chance with my dad.  So I'm thankful.  I want the end of my life to be a celebration."

I walked into her home thinking I was going to encourage her, she taught me a valuable lesson and encouraged me!  I am humbled and honored to be able to call her my friend and can't wait to hear of more stories of how she encourages others with her constant smile and contagious laugh! 

I am thankful for the life God gives us, and am thankful for the life He is giving Carrie and the lessons He is allowing her to teach us through her fight.  

Praying for continued strength for Carrie, her daughter Kyla, and her family.  We love you Carrie!



post divider tag

0 comments:

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!