Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Great Friends and the Great Outdoors

Memorial Day weekend we made plans with some great friends to head to the camp grounds.  I was in for some camping as long as I could take my blow-up mattress and not be made fun of :)
We headed to Brookville, IN to Mounds Recreation Area, not to be confused with Mounds State Park, with a van packed so tight, no one could move!  I was pretty impressed with Matt Lee's packing abilities to get everything in our van with 4 kids AND the dog!
The first night was Matt's favorite.  It was 40 degrees and freezing in our tent!  It definitely was NOT my favorite!  I could not sleep I was so cold!  But, Matt however, learned that 40 degrees = mandatory spooning all night long!  That was the only way I could sleep for more than 5 minutes at a time.
So night two....I went shopping for more blankets!  Needless to say, Matt was not thrilled but I slept so much better!!!  We enjoyed some wonderful food cooked by the chef, Gabe, and loved Cody's waffle cone recipe over the fire!  YUM!  Enjoyed a hike that was supposed to take us to the beach but instead lead us to a creek :), and watched some good baseball.  Overall, I just loved watching the kids play and getting to hang out with some old friends!  Can't wait to do it again!  Below are some pics of our trip...




 Sausage and cheese sandwhich for breakfast...Yes please! ;)

 
 Brushing teeth.  (One of those pictures I couldn't refuse!)
 Hiking the "Beach Access Trail", which dead ended...
 Here!  But you know kids, rocks, and water make for great fun!
 Colten always finds treasures!
 Everyone took a turn crossing the creek...



 Of course Izzy didn't get tired until the hike back uphill!!!!  My thighs were BURNIN'!

 Yep, I love him still :)




 Not sure what it is about water and this girl but it cracks her up!

 Man's best friend...

One of my favorite pics! 
 He was such a good dog the whole trip!  Love this pup!
 Izzy had such a good time hangin' with this lil' man! :)


 Onah learned to ride with NO TRAINING WHEELS while camping!


post divider tag

0 comments:

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!