Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Contentment

So I know I'm not alone here but I received a yearly devotion book for Christmas and started using it in January and of course got a few days behind!  So it's February 13th and I'm on February 7th, but it turned out to be a blessing because it spoke directly to my heart today. 

Reading Romans 8:28
"We know that in everything God works for the GOOD of those who love him.  They are the people he called because that was his plan."

I can't count the number of times something goes wrong and changes the direction of our path!  I find myself looking back down memory lane and wishing things were different or that some things never happened but I was reminded today that God works ALL things for good of those who love him.  Even those things we wish were different!  

So how am I changing my outlook??  Starting with where I am at this point and time and accepting that THIS is where God INTENDED for me to be!  Will I ever look back again?  Of course I will, it's our human nature, but trusting in Him, remaining in His presence, putting my focus back on Him, and relying on the Holy Spirit to lead me will give me peace!

He gives me contentment knowing I am where He wants me!

post divider tag

0 comments:

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!