Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Missing Spring Break!

I know after the first big snow here at our house I had posted a blog about things I miss about work, since now I am a stay at home mom...and loving it by the way! But there are little things that I really miss. Like in the winter I missed all the snow days. Because it was a time when I actually got off work and had a relaxing day. When you stay at home and the snow comes it is not really relaxing cause you just want to get out of the house! Well I was hit with another realization of what I miss about work...SPRING BREAK! As a teacher you looked forward to spring break the most because it is during those months where you have been cooped up with indoor recess for months and you can see the end in sight. The kids are getting on each other's nerves and fighting constantly. You can't move their seats to fix the problem cause they've already sat by everyone in the class. There is no new way to re-arrange the seating. And usually we would get away for a few days which was always fun. This year, I have no spring break and it really stinks! I was emailing with a friend the other day and realized that this is the first time in 22 years that I haven't had a spring break!!! 22 YEARS!!!! Needless to say I'm having a little withdrawl. And it doesn't help that all my friends have school aged children and are leaving for spring break somewhere with their kids. Matt did stay home for a few days and worked around the house last week which was really nice. We didn't go anywhere special but just having him around was cool cause you get caught up in the business of life and it seems like there are few days that we get to spend together all day as a family! So these are the things I miss about work. You notice it isn't really 'work' that I miss it's all the time off work??? ha ha! That's great!

2 comments:

tomandstacey said...

It's funny.. you leave work and then don't get your Spring Break. It was the exact opposite for me. I start work and suddenly I no longer get a Spring Break. This year was the first time since college (6 years) that I've gotten a Spring Break. I must say that it's nice.

Remember last year... I was so bummed when we were outside the church the Sunday afternoon you and Matt were leaving for Myrtle Beach. Or maybe you were going to Florida with the Wrights. I can't remember, but multiple people were leaving from the church parking lot and it was depressing. I wanted to go with you guys so badly.

Anonymous said...

22 years! Wow. Well, you will have many fun spring breaks in the future with you family!

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!