Glimpses of the happenings in our home where we have quickly become...out-numbered.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Colten's 3rd Birthday

Well, the party was great! Colten had a blast and can't wait for his next birthday. The cake that I made turned out to look like a car and not a bus (that's a plus!), but the lollipops didn't look so great, but everyone thought they tasted great so that's what counts I guess. Looking back at some of these pictures I just can't believe how old he is getting! I heard someone talking about kindergarten the other day and thought, I'm not even going there....I want it to slow down! It's fun to watch him learn new things and grow and change, but then you look back and wish it wouldn't go so fast! Thanks to all who came and made it so much fun for him! I know he appreciated it and it wouldn't have been the same if he wouldn't have been able to share it with his friends and family! Here are a few pictures from the party, (I say a few and there's a ton!)

We started off with some painting! That didn't last long for the boys. As you can see in the next picture there are only girls left at the table painting! I think Colten painted a whole 3 minutes on his car! A swipe of orange of course and black!

I was trying to think ahead because I knew there would be older siblings there. I thought they would enjoy putting a race car together more than painting a little car. Little did I know that it was like rocket science trying to get these cars together and it ended up keeping the adults more occupied than the kids!

Matt had made a race track around the room and we found these cute little race helmets! Colten and his friends had races around the track on his toys. This is where the boys spent most of their time!!!
Of course the adults had to join in on the fun too!!! They couldn't resist! Matt and his brother Josh battled it out in a crab race around the track! I can't remember who won, I'm sure they both would have been disqualified for not staying on the track...you know those Lee's everything turns into a wrestling match :)

0 comments:

COLTENS PUPPET SHOW

While at the Children's Museum, Colten, Cade, and Matt display their amazing acting skills!